Getting weird migraines, popping ear, pressure in shoulders, back and head. Looking for cure

Hi, I have been getting weird migraines for years. They lasted a couple of days at first and now last up to 17 days. The first thing I notice are my ears like they need popping then I get this really heavy pressure in my shoulders and top of my back and the head starts really throbbing. Any machinery type noise like a quiet fridge will be magnified and come and go constantly in waves. These episodes last about 2 to 10 minutes and can be brought on simply by bending down, looking up or standing after sitting. I can't lay down while I have these migraines. Please help
Posted Tue, 27 Nov 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 7 hours later
I understand your concern but I need certain informations from you before answering your question.
Has the diagnosis of migraine has been made by the doctor?
Have you ever been examined by a neurologist and ENT specialist?
Do you suffer from any diabetes or blood pressure?
Are you taking any medication for any disease and if yes,then what are they?
Do you suffer from any loss of balance or do you experience any feeling of motion around you?
What are the medication being taken for your headache?
Do you suffer from any sinusitis?

Awaiting your reply.
Follow-up: Getting weird migraines, popping ear, pressure in shoulders, back and head. Looking for cure 17 hours later
Yes, I have been diagnosed as having a form of migraine.
I have not been examined by a neurologist or ENT specialist.
I do not suffer with diabetes or blood pressure
Not taking any other medication.
I sometimes feel a bit off balance while having a migraine attack
I have been prescribed Tolfenamic acid(clotam rapid) and Maxalt melt oral lyophilisate rizatriptan
I am not aware that I suffer from sinusitis
The fact is that you have been poorly managed regarding your headache.
Either the diagnosis is wrong or the treatment is not proper.
Even if the diagnosis of migraine is correct,you are taking  medicines which are abortive in nature only ( acute problem )
 In fact you  should have been given prophylactic medicines( preventive ) medicines also.
Acute treatment aims to stop or prevent the progression of a headache or reverse a headache that has started. Preventive treatment, which is given even in the absence of a headache, aims to reduce the frequency and severity of the migraine attack, make acute attacks more responsive to abortive therapy, and perhaps also improve the patient's quality of life.

Migraine treatment involves acute (abortive) and preventive (prophylactic) therapy. Patients with frequent attacks usually require both. Measures directed toward reducing migraine triggers are also generally advisable.

I would advise you to consult a neurologist and get your headache diagnosed as there are many other types of headache which may mimic migraine like
Cluster or tension headache
Cervical spondylosis
High blood pressure
Sinusitis etc
Intracranial pathology is ruled out as your head scan is normal.

Once it is proved,that you have migraine,then you can be treated properly.
A proper treatment shall make your life comfortable.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck