Getting watery semen. Reason?

hi,iam male, 55 years old, lately i noticed that my semen is watery,,, Why ?
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later
Watery and thin semen viscosity is sometimes seen when you have intercourse or masturbation very frequently.
If this is the reason in your case then no treatment is needed. It will become normal once you start having sex less frequently.
Another option can be the infection of prostate gland. This can be diagnosed by having a culture and sensitivity of your semen sample.
The third possible reason can be a lowered production of male hormone - testosterone. Other symptoms may include weight gain, reduced muscle tone and strength, low energy, and mild irritability.This can be ruled out by having blood testosterone levels examined.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.