Getting vertigo and feeling blood flow in head. Brain scan done. Relief after medication. Concerned

Question
i feel blood flowing in my head.. sometimes i get vertigo. had a brain scan & blood work. they said its just vertigo. they gave me meclizine, got alittle better but it still doesnt feel normal and i still get dizzy sometime!! concern
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

Please understand that vertigo is just a symptom and not the condition. Let me list the conditions that cause for vertigo:
-Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (most common cause of vertigo)
-Meniere's disease
-Labyrinthitis (due to infections)
-Vestibular neuritis
-Balance disorder
-Acoustic neuroma
and a few others.

Please discuss the final diagnosis with your doctor, and not just the symptom. Once your condition is diagnosed, treating the condition and not just the symptom will be the best approach.

I hope this information helps. Do write back to me for any further clarifications. I would be glad to help you.

Best wishes.

Follow-up: Getting vertigo and feeling blood flow in head. Brain scan done. Relief after medication. Concerned 22 hours later
went to three different hospitals, all said the same.. is there a certain kind doctor i need to look for?

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 4 minutes later
Hello once again.

I would prefer you XXXXXXX either a neurologist or an ENT (ear, nose, throat) doctor. Both these specialists help in treating this condition.

Do not worry, it is usually not difficult to diagnose and a specialist should surely be able to help you.

I hope you found my response helpful.

Best wishes.

Follow-up: Getting vertigo and feeling blood flow in head. Brain scan done. Relief after medication. Concerned 40 minutes later
thanks

You are most welcome.

You can go through this link, which will provide you some information on vertigo, and its causes.

WWW.WWWW.WW
Wishing you a speedy diagnosis and recovery.

Best wishes.