Getting urge to urination after having sex with a burning sensation. No STD. What is wrong?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
When me and my husband have sex. I have a burning like uncomfortable feeling. But me and my husband have both been checked out before we got married and we don't have any STDs. But every time we have sex I have to go pee every time after sex . An it feels like my bladder s filling up with urine unexpectedly. So what could be wrong?
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 52 minutes later
I assume that you have these symptoms only during intercourse and not during urination or defecation or any other time .Also i assume you have no associated symptoms of infection like foul discharge,pain in pelvic abdomen or burning micturition .Considering so it seems unlikely that you have any STDs or infection causing such symptoms .
It could possibly be either due to inadequate lubrication , or uncomfortable position or inadequate foreplay or irritation/ friction of urethra . Rarely it could indicate a latex allergy if condoms are used during intercourse .
To avoid such symptoms you need to make sure you take some precautions like , adequate foreplay and lubrication before penetrative sex ,making sure to use toilet just before sex, avoiding uncomfortable positions or excessive/ unpleasant friction , avoiding latex contraceptives , usual genital hygeine measures etc.
If in case the problem persists despite these measures then it is necessary to rule out a fungal or bacterial infection which could cause similar symptoms .
The best way to confirm would be to get yourself examined by your doctor ( gynaecologist preferably ).
Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask any further queries.