Getting twitching sensation in fingers,heaviness and shivering in hands and legs. What is going on?

Question
Hi! I get twitches in my hand fingers every now and then.Also if I sit in one position for even 5 mns it seems as if the blood circulation has stopped and arms and legs become heavy.Most of the times I feel kind of shivering(though can't see) in arm fingers and legs and feel as if things will fall down if I hold it...Can't understand what exactly is that...
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 8 hours later

Thanks for the query,

I understand your concern

Will you kindly let me know if you are taking medicine for hypothyroid or hyperthyroid ? If you have weakness of hands/legs in addition to twitching ? if you have difficulty in speaking/drinking water etc? These questions will help me guide you better

Please get back to me
Stay relaxed
Best wishes

Follow-up: Getting twitching sensation in fingers,heaviness and shivering in hands and legs. What is going on? 3 hours later
I have high thyroid hence taking 25mg thyronorm every mng..Also there is no difficulty in speaking or drinking water...It is just that Wen I am holding something or standing still I feel as if either I'll fall down(though don't fall) or if I am holding something I feel the thing will drop down...

I feel kind of shivering from within...

Thanks for the feed back

I do not see any serious neurological problem in you even though it is difficult to make such comments without detailed neurological assessment. I will request you to repeat thyroid function and serum calcium, sodium,potassium levels. Alteration in these also can cause similar problem. If no cause is found you may opt for a neurolgy consultation.

Hope this clarifies your query
Please get back to me in case you have any other concern

Best wishes

Follow-up: Getting twitching sensation in fingers,heaviness and shivering in hands and legs. What is going on? 29 hours later
Hi! I got the test done and calcium serum((Arsenazo III) is 7.90 and reference range is 8.80 - 10.60

Sodium serum (Indirect ISE) is 142 ....range is 136.00 - 146.00

POTASSIUM, SERUM(Indirect ISE) is 4.52 range is 3.50 - 5.10...

THYROID PROFILE, FREE, SERUM
(CMIA)
T3, Free; FT3
3.08
pg/mL
2.30 - 4.20

T4, Free; FT4
0.61
ng/dL
0.89 - 1.76

TSH, Ultrasensitive
3.737
uIU/mL
0.550 - 4.780

Now can u suggest me if there is aproblem and also what do I do next now????

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 7 hours later

All these tests are normal

I feel that you do not have serious neurological problem based upon the data you have posted

If you are still worried, please consult a local neurologist who will examine you and help you in this issue

Please let me know if I can help you any way
Best wishes