Getting twinges and strange pains, high bp. Had chest pain when collapsed. Done with ecg and bp test. Anything serious?

hi im a 42 year old mail,at the weekend i collapsed in a shop while getting my newspaper pain came across my chest like a sharp digging pain and like someone was squeezing i had the ambulance turn up they did on the spot ecg and blood pressure which was 190 over 110 i was very anxious and really did think my number was up.They took me to a local hospital a and e to do further investigations my blood level came back to normal 130 over 85 obs 96 ,they did in total 10 ecgs and bloods some ten hours later i was told i was ok and able to go home,here lies the problem some 4 days later im still getting twinges and strange pains my blood pressure is 130 over 88 72 beats per minute im really worried that its something serious but scared to go back and look like some kind of fool .
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Coronary Artery Disease can not be excluded from this history....
It is advisable to have it investigated.
You need not go to ER, but plan a visit to the cardiologist
A thorough history and repeating the physical examination is the first step -
It is better to have a stress EKG - Treadmill Exercise Electrocardiogram (TMT).
HOLTER (24 to 48 hour ambulatory monitoring) / ECHOcardiogram / LABORATORY work-up – may all be necessary for further assessment and assistance.
Intermittent anxiety, high blood pressure, and fast heart rate may all be from Pheochromocytoma – which may have to be excluded...
The treating doctor may suggest them depending on need, based on his assessment of the situation.
Never hesitate to seek help, if you feel it is necessary / it is better to be safe than sorry / what you feel is more important than what others may feel about you...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck