Getting tremor in left hand and arm. Also get started tremor. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi I have been getting a tremor in my left hand and arm for about 2 weeks and now my right hand has also started to get a tremor, apart from that I feel fine with no other problems. Thanks
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You may need to investigate

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.

There are various reasons for tremors

The symptoms may likely to be due to electrolyte imbalance. Taking proper supplements will help in symptomatic improvement after a few blood investigations.

It could come in people who are chronic alcoholics but most often than not it is idiopathic and u can take tab betacap tr in the night to treat it. But don’t take the pills without going to a neurologist.

Some medicines like Propranolol, trihexiphenidyl and Primidone are used in an attempt to control it, but they can at best only control the tremors to an extent.
Take them consulting your doctor.
Hormonal imbalance like hypothyroidism leads to similar tremors .So checks your thyroid hormone level.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.