Getting tonsil stone. How to remove this?

ENT Specialist
I am getting often Tonsil Stone.
Posted Fri, 1 Feb 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 1 hour later
Hello I am Dr Ravinder XXXXXXX
On the basis of the information provided it appears you are suffering from Tinsilolith. It is alos called as stone in tonsil.It is usually on one side but can be bilateral. It occurs due to deposition of food particles in a unusually XXXXXXX tonsillar crypt. The food particles act as nidus and there is some salts deposition over the nidus leading to the formation of tonsilolith.

The treatment of choice is tonsillectomy.

I would advise you for a ENT sonsultation and plan for tonsillectomy.

I hope this answers your concern. Feel free to contact me if you require more information about it

with regards
Ravinder XXXXXXX