Getting tired due to heat. Should see doctor?

My 5 yr old granddaughter gets very tired from the heat. We live in the desert and as soon as it turns hot she changes alot, comes home from school and wants to go right to sleep and of course not as hungry. She gets so red in the face too. She always has. It takes so much out of her, my other granddaughter who is 6 yrs old seems ok with the heat. Should she get checked out by a doctor?
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 1 hour later

I can feel your concerns,

Yes she should be checked up by a doctor.

Heat itself causes a lot of changes in body, as flushing or redness over face,most important one is increase in sweating, which causes loss of water and salts.

Some children have greater tendency than others. Decrease level of potassium , a salt, cause fatigue and increase sleep.
1. Does she has history of fever or rash?
2. Is there any history of joint or muscle pains?

Use of Air conditioner and drinking a lot of water can solve the issue.
waiting up for your follow up queries

Waiting for your response,