Getting tingling sensation on forearm, scalp. Diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency, bursitis. Treatment?

Im a 46 yo female and have had a series of weird symptoms over past 2 years. Feeling poorly with tingling forearms hands and scalp i was diagnosed with B12 and vitamin D deficiency which has been treated. I had a lot of muscle knots which my doctor advised massage, a second opinion diagnosed bursitis. i have developed a crunchy neck my main worry presently. also tested positive for lupus of liver but no symptoms as yet.
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
The crunchy neck could be due to a muscle spasm in the area or mild spondylottic changes in the cervical spine.
If it has been persistent or even increasing since few days, you need to visit your orthopaedician. Depending upon the clinical findings they might ask you to get an x XXXXXXX or MRI done, which shall help establish a diagnosis and in turn allow one to formulate a treatment plan.

Let me assure you that this is temporary and self limiting illness that usually the treatment goes in following lines: rest, lifestyle modifications (namely- avoiding pillow while sleeping, following a healthy diet plan, maintaining suitable posture while working on computer/driving, avoiding any activity that strikes neck discomfort), medications (that your physician prescribes) and most important physiotherapy ( in form of neck exercises, cervical traction if required along with local ultrasonics).
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.