Getting tingling sensation in shoulder with recurrent pressure. What could it be?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
not doing well the tingling sensation in my shoulder with pressure comes and goes with pressure when i turn to the right the tingling goes away
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Due to the tense shoulder muscle Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. It could be due to the tense shoulder muscle. Tense muscle becomes too short and upon pressure compresses superficial nerve fibres. This might be the cause of tingling in your case. When you turn to opposite side, pressure releases and tingling goes away. I suggest you to do muscle stretching exercises to relieve the muscle spasm and thus pressure over nerve fibres. Doing hot fomentation and applying muscle relaxant gel will be helpful. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care