Getting tingling sensation in foot. What is causing this?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Every time I push on a small area of my outer side of my right calf muscle..I get strong tingles in my foot..any idea what may be causing this ??
Posted Tue, 23 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 1 hour later
After reading your symptoms, I feel that you may have developed a mild form of peripheral nerve neuritis. It is a harmless condition, but is unpleasant and needs to be treated.
I would recommend you to get your blood sugar levels checked and visit either a neurophysician or an orthopedic doctor for examination if this problem does not improve.
Your doctor mostly will give you a neurotonic like methylcobalamine tablets for a a couple of months which will resolve your problem.

If you have any more queries, I'll be happy to help.

Follow-up: Getting tingling sensation in foot. What is causing this? 10 hours later
Ok...Thank you so much for your time and service...I will make an appt with my primary tomorrow to have it evaluated...

Thanks again
XXXXXXX :)

Answered by Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 5 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

I am glad I could be of help. If you have any more queries, do let me know.

You can ask me a query at this link anytime in future.

WWW.WWWW.WW
Hope you feel better soon.

Follow-up: Getting tingling sensation in foot. What is causing this? 23 hours later
Thank you so much Dr. XXXXXXX ..we have spoke before and you are always so patient and helpful..it is much appreciated :)

XXXXXXX :)

Answered by Dr. Rajesh Gajwani 16 minutes later
You are welcome.

Please feel free to write a review if you are satisfied with my answer and close this discussion.

Warm Regards