Ask a Dentist   »  

Getting throat pain and pain inside cheek wall. Suggest some medicine to get relief

Hi Doctor, I am having problems with my mouth. The inner skinny area of the cheek gets rubbed with the tooth and its paining a lot. Though I neither have any bleeding nor any tooth ache, I am unable to eat/swallow food properly because of this. Also getting throat pain due to this i believe. Can you suggest me some tablets to get or prescribe me some oinments? Should any specific test to be taken or just this tablet/oinment is sufficient? Thanks in Advance..
Posted Sat, 12 Jan 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
It seems there is a spur ( which means a pointed area) in your tooth which is causing minor injury to mucosa of inner side of cheek.
You can use any ulcer protective gel like Mucain gel for temporary relief. But you have to consult your dentist for correction of that spur. A X-ray may also be required
There is no specific test for diagnosis. Good oral and dental examination will be suffice.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concerns, let me know.