Getting testosterone shots with no side effects but have low libido. Suggest?

I'm getting 200 mg of testostone shots a week with no side effect, but have notice a decline in desire for sex at first it was really great, my blood levels is around 1600 which they say is really good? Is this normal to feel this way. I have been taking them since XXXXXXX of this year. What can I do to maintain a more normal level of desire, pellets implants?
My wife wants me to get my tubes cut so she want get pregnant, I'm taking testrotone shot how much will that lower my sperm count? Will it be enough to not get her pregnant?
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes Testosterone can decrease libido and sperm.

Detailed Answer:
Good Day and Thank you for being with healthcare magic.

Testosterone may decrease libido because of the decrease in estrogen with testosterone supplementation. Although there are men who reports that there is an increase in libido with testosterone supplementation. Libido is a complex process and researches still doesnt know how to alter/increase libido.

Testosterone can decrease your sperm count to zero. I would suggest doing a semen analysis to check how much testosterone had altered your semen parameters. Anything short of that will be purely speculative. If your semen count is markedly decreased or zero then chance of conception will be very low but not impossible though. Even with vasectomy (cutting tubes) there is still a very low chance that sperm might pass through.

Best of Luck and Thank you again.

Yours truly,

Dr Manuel See IV