Getting tender squishy string like structure from testicle. Is it testicular appendix or something else?

Urologist
Question
I have this relatively tender yet squishy string like structure protruding from the top portion of my testicle. I've had it for many years with no other symptoms or changes. It doesn't hurt unless I over examine it. I think it's a testicular appendix. The string part is about the size of a grain of rice and at the base there seems to be a lump of sorts. It hard to tell whether it's a lump or just the inside of the string. Viewed through the scrotum, it looks white. Overall the string part moves freely and I'm able to squish it between my fingers. Could my hypothesis be correct or what else could it be? Thank you
Posted Sat, 8 Dec 2012 in Testicle Problems

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 20 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
The structure based on your description looks most probably like EPIDIDYMIS.
This is a structure present outside but in contact with the testis. It has got three parts, the head, body and the tail which hugs the testis in the best possible way to collect the sperms coming out of the testis.
Its function is to collect the sperm from the testes and store them, till they mature and gets them ready for ejaculation.
But if you are worried, it is best to get yourself physically examined, though not on an emergency basis, may be electively.
Wishing you good health,
DR GS