Getting sweat and numbness in neck with headache and stiff neck. ECG and blood test came normal. Any idea?

I come over sweaty and clammy , the back of my neck feels numb and feel faint which passes after a while , leaving a head ache and stiff neck . I'm am fit , running 3 times a week and doing a physical job if it happens when I'm running I can carry on once it has passed . Someone said it may be something wrong with my pancreas . I have had a ECG and blood test Whitch appear to be ok
Posted Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

From what you have described I really think you need a comprehensive evaluation by your physician. This valuation includes a complete physical examination as well as comprehensive laboratory evaluation and consideration of a possible stress test. What we want to do is rule out serious things that could be contributing to your symptoms that can also be life-threatening.

Once the more serious things are ruled out the doctor can then focus even more accurately on finding out the cause. One possible cause would include something like a viral syndrome. This includes something like infectious mononucleosis or other viruses.

I don't suspect that your pancreas is contributing to your symptoms. If you had issues with your pancreas I would expect you to have more abdominal symptoms and pain.

Additional considerations might include your thyroid gland. If there is malfunction of the thyroid gland it can lead to a multitude of symptoms.

I think the next step for you would be to contact your primary care physician to discuss the symptoms in great detail. I think your doctor can then put together a comprehensive plan to pinpoint the exact cause.

Thanks again for sending your question. I hope my responses have been helpful. If you have any additional concerns please let me know.

Dr. Robert