Ask a Urologist   »  

Getting sunburn on back and swelling on foreskin. What is the disease called?

Jul 2016

My sons foreskin around penis is swollen after getting sunburn on his back. what can we do?
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

Thanks for your query. Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your son has swollen foreskin.

With a swelling on foreskin, it is possible that he might be having phimosis. Please consult a qualified urologist or surgeon for clinical examination to rule out Phimosis.

He may require antibiotics and anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac and serropeptidase along with topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin for a week. Discuss the dosage of the medication with your family physician or Urologist.

Hope I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards.