Getting suicidal thoughts. How to overcome this?

Psychiatrist
Question
most of the time i live in intution and if i come across that was not there.. i feel very sad and think of suicide.. i know its wrong but i can't corrrect myself.. and i usually very depressed soon in the love matter or relationship matters... if i didn't get love from my hubby,,, i feel like to die.
is there any medinicines?
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 9 minutes later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
Before answering your question I would like to have few clarifications:
1) Can you elaborate what do you mean by:
"if i come across that was not there"
2) Have you had any failed love affairs before ?
3) Have you sought any treatment until now?
4) Are you having any current suicidal ideation or plan?
5) How are your over all relationship with your husband.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Follow-up: Getting suicidal thoughts. How to overcome this? 9 minutes later
i love my husband most but he was very angry towards me and from my childhood, i never feel comfortable with anyone till last year, now i divorced my husband, i had a very big hope that after marriage i will be happy, i know the reason why he is unhappy with me because of ego and educational differences between us. now i have a girl child and my parents is taking and i trust my parents and they ditched me i came to know they will be with if i have money if not they won't be with me. and my husband case is also same like that. i was treated two times for same pschosis disease... but still i trust people after they only ditched me... i am not getting com fortability with anyone.... i don't have a perosn to share my problems , fears, and support,,.. only one i am struggling for everything.. i am feeling life is burden now i need love care person...

for questions: 1. i hope after marriage i will be happy, i was not there. like that
2.yes
3.yes for pschosis
4.very bad and divorced.

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 25 minutes later
I understand that you have gone through adverse life circumstances and its natural for you to get sad and upset. However if you are extremely sad and this is causing distress to you and is causing it difficult for you to handle the current circumstances, most probably you are having a depressive episode. You need to see a psychiatrist who can assess you in detail and consider you for two types of therapies:
Drug therapy: Mirtazapine, escitalopram, venlafaxine, fluoxetine are certain drugs which will be useful to you
Talk therapy:Cognitive behavioural therapy and interpersonal therapy will be useful in your case.
Start exercising and have a good diet.
You have not discussed much about your previous psychotic episode. Do discuss the issue with your psychiatrist as well.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Follow-up: Getting suicidal thoughts. How to overcome this? 5 minutes later
doctor i ended up with two options i want a personwho can understand me and lovine caring me or else i want to die.. suggest me to come out of this situation..

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 3 minutes later
Hello again,
As a doctor I cannot suggest you any life partner but if you are alive you will surely find someone with whom you can live with. Regarding your suicidal thoughts, I would strongly suggest that you should visit a psychiatrist immediately. Or else things may go bad. Give a call to your psychiatrist and see him immediately. Its a matter of urgency.
After you undergo the treatment you will feel better and feel that you suicidal thoughts are not necessary.

Hope you get well soon.
Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.