Getting stomach pain and acidity. Diagnosed fundus erosion. Get throat sensation after taking medicine. Is it curable?

Acute pain in stomach throughout the day,acidity. Diagnosed fundus erossion in endoscopy. Had sensation in throte. Took medicines for about three months. sensation in throte. Is it curable?Is it serious?
Posted Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. First of all I would like to reaasure that the issues you have are curable and are not serious. They are as you said related to acidity. In addition to the fundal erosions, you also have acid reflux which is responsible for the "sensation" you have in the throat. You need to take medications for 8 weeks. Consult your doctor for prescription. You also have to avoid coffee, citrus, chocolate, fatty food, spicy food, alcohol/smoking ( if you have those habits. You need to reduce weight if you are obese. Do not eat full stomach. Eat smaller multiple meals. Go to bed at least 2-3 hours after food. These would help to resolve your symptoms. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini