Getting sticky discharge, spotting after period. Small multiple follicles seen on ultrasound. What is wrong?

I am a 26 year old unmarried woman. My periods occur every 25 days and never goes beyond 27. Proper bleeding lasts for five days and brown sticky discharge continues till 7th or 8th day. Again it repeats on 10th and 12th days. No pain or cramps. EWCM is kind of missing and I doubt if I am ovulating. ULtrasound is normal and both ovaries showed small multiple follicles on 10th day of cycle. I haven't checked my hormone levels yet. What could be wrong?
Posted Fri, 10 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 53 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

As long as ultrasound is normal, nothing to worry.
Multiple small follicles are seen in 60% of normal individuals.
You can get yourself tested for serum testosterone levels for irregular menstrual cycle. There could be hormonal imbalance.

Let me know if you need further clarification. I will be happy to help.
Dr Nilofer
Follow-up: Getting sticky discharge, spotting after period. Small multiple follicles seen on ultrasound. What is wrong? 11 hours later
Thank you doctor :) I am getting married in October and I would like to know whether this Hormonal imbalance will affect my fertility. As for hormone testing, on which day of my cycle should I get testosterone levels checked? Any other tests that you would recommend and when? Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 31 minutes later

Thanks for your reply.

Since you are young(26yrs), hormonal imbalance will not significantly affect your fertility.

Serum testosterone, LH, FSH to be done on 3rd day of menstrual cycle in the fasting state.

Congratulations on your wedding.
Dr Nilofer