Getting sporadic pain in toe. Having tingling in hand. Cure?

A few weeks ago I started getting sporadic pain in big right toe nothing serious but last couple days also getting tingling in left hand ?
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Omer 1 hour later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help with your query.

As you have said that you have started to have a mild-moderate? right big toe pain + tingling sensation in left hand.

As you have mentioned that you are 49 years old male , with no previous co-morbids , then the most probable explanation for your symptoms will be GOUT.

In GOUT , the pain in right big toe suddenly starts out of no where , with no history of even trauma .

The pain can be mild to severe , swelling or without swelling of Big Toe.

In Gout usually the uric acid of the body starts to increase , either due to uric acid XXXXXXX food intake like wine , tomatoes , bananas , spinach and so on or less excretion of uric acid from kidneys

There can be peripheral neuropathy , with tingling sensation in hands or feet in GOUT.

I would recommend to have a review of internist for uric acid level + kidney function tests.

I hope this explains your query.

Feel free to ask any further questions.