Getting spermatic cord discomfort, mild pain after ejaculation. What am I suffering from?

I have what seems to be spermatic cord discomfort / mild pain after ejaculation, this has been going on for years... also seems related that have sometimes inflamation below the abdomen / pupic hair region, on the same side where this is happening. What could cause this and should I be worried?
Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 10 hours later
There is a possibility of you having mild prostatitis or epididymo-orchitis, which essentially means inflammation of the accessory glands of reproduction. This can be verified by a clinical examination of both testes and epididymides, i.e scrotum, and prostate can also be assessed at the same time by means of a rectal examination. It is unlikely that there will be anything significantly wrong when you have had this for several years, but since you wish to reassure yourself that there is nothing worrisome, you can get an ultrasound scan of your scrotum, an ultrasound scan of your prostate done along with a uroflowmetry test and an assessment of how much of urine is left behind after the completion of voiding.
A complete urine examination before rectal examination, and after rectal examination with a prostatic massage will also be useful in ruling out acute prostatitis.
If in the event all the reports come out normal, all you will require is a few physical measures like scrotal support, anti-inflammatory drugs for a few days, and drugs to relax pelvic floor to ease the discomfort.
Hope I have been able to help you.