Getting sore throat and runny nose after unprotected sex. Am I at the risks of STD?

Hi i recently had unprotected sex 2 days ago, but before he came i took it out and put it inside my mouth. i took the morning after pill 9 hours later. however, today i have woken up and have a terrible sore throat and have a runny nose. i am terrified i have caught something. do you think i have an std?
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 25 minutes later

If there is no focal rash, ulcer or eruption kind of thing in oral cavity, then I would first like to consider possibility of regular throat infection rather than STD. You can try few things like warm salt water gargles, steam inhalation, antihistaminics and if symptoms increase then course of antibiotics. These are likely to relieve your symptoms.

If after this symptoms continue then you can get tested for STD. But I think that possibility is comparatively less likely.

Hope this answers your question. Please ask if there are doubts.