Getting side effects after taking taking naprosyon sr 750. Getting headache and diarrhoea. Worrisome

Hi my name is XXXXXX
Been taking Naprosyon sr 750 since last week . doctor prescribed for anti inflammatory. Been experiencing bad side affects taking tablet once a day for four days without realizing, thinking my body is getting badly sick so quickly. Whan I think back Side affects been abdominal pain could shivers and trouble sleeping at the start. I days after experiencing lightheartedness, out of focus in conversation with others, headache, heartburn and diarrhea . I stop taking them on Monday 16/07/12 whan I check side affects online for this drug, How long this symptoms will stay now after I had stop taking drug Thank you

Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Charles S Narasi 12 hours later
To answer your questions, the drug should be out of your system in about 3 days and the side effects should be gone in about 4 days. Actually the drug that you are taking is Naproxen which belongs to a class of drugs known as NSAIDS (Non steroidal antiinflammatory drugs) . Major side effect of these type of drugs is on the lining of the stomach. They can cause irritation, inflammation and also small ulcers of the stomach. Sometimes even a single dose of the drug can cause problems in certain individuals. If anyone has to be on this type of medication, along with taking it with food, also use a protective agent such as Omeprazole or esomeprazole. If it persists I would recommend that you take Omeprazole or the other as above. This is available as Tablet Prevacid which needs to be taken in a dose of one tablet 1 hour before breakfast.
Hope you feel better soon,
Let me know if you have any more queries.