Getting shivering hand if miss one time meal with gas problem. Blood sugar normal, history of sugar. Cause?

Hi ,
I am getting shivering hand if i miss one time meals/food or just about meals time.Why is this?During this time i feel very tired and exhausted.
My blood sugar ,BP and everything is normal.Also had detailed sugar check up HbA1c but negative.Both of my parents are taking insulin and sugar patients.Father had sugar before i born but mother got after few years back.So not sure if i have sugar.
This issue is there for last some years.Recently i have gas problem also in which gas goes from stomach via mouth in multiple time like very old people.
I am 65 kg 5.8 height other vitals seems to be ok.
Hopefully you could suggest something

thank you in advance
regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 5 Sep 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do not be very concerned.

Detailed Answer:

You have reported couple of health issues on this query; I shall address them individually. Both these conditions are not related to each other.

1. Shivering during meal hours - the most likely cause would be metabolic changes secondary to low sugars. Very commonly this would not lead you to serious problems; however I would like to rule out glucose intolerant state. Glucose tolerance test is a worthwhile test if it has not been done yet.
Apart from blood sugar induced metabolic changes, you can also consider testing your thyroid hormones too.

If the tests reveal normal reports, you need not be concerned.

2. Gas burping and regurgitation is a symptom of indigestion. It improves with antacid and prokinetic drugs. I use omeprazole with domperidone for 2-3 weeks and recommend dietary changes - low spicy food, regular meals and adequate sleep before investigating. Your local doctor will know about these medications.
Reflux esophagitis where the lower esophagus of lax is an organic condition which may cause similar complaints. I would consider investigating for it if symptoms do not improve with the above line of treatment.

Hope this helps you. Let me know if you need clarifications.