Getting sharp stabbing feeling in stomach. How to diagnose the problem?

I have had a sharp stabbing feeling in my stomach for the past couple of days now it usually accurs the most after I drink water.It accurs every 5 to 10 min and last for about 3 to 5 min, and it happens even if I don't drink water. When I do drink water it happens right after it.
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Om Lakhani 3 hours later

You might be having what is known as Esophagitis. I would advice you to avoid any spicy food for a few days and we need to start you on a course of Proton pump inhibitor (like Pantoprazole) once a day before breakfast for 4-8 weeks.

I would also advice you to get done a physicial examination from your local doctor and an Ultrasound of abdomen.

With Regards
Dr. Om Lakhani, MD
Follow-up: Getting sharp stabbing feeling in stomach. How to diagnose the problem? 8 minutes later
Ok thank you I will get with my doctor and get started.
Answered by Dr. Om Lakhani 2 minutes later
Glad to help you... Please feel free to contact me for any other queries.