Getting sharp pains in chest and fluttering feeling, gets electric sensation in chest. EKG normal. Concerned

I get sharp/stabbing pains in my chest around my heart followed by a fluttering feeling. It feels like a skipped heart beat but I am not sure? I also get electrical sensations in my chest at night before I fall asleep that feel like skipped heart beats.

I've had EKG, Echocardiogram...both normal.

Any insight into what may be happening. The pain is sharp and in one spot, its not a crushing feeling. The electrical sensations only happen at night before I fall asleep. I am constantly checking my pulse. It is very scary.

Thank you
Posted Fri, 27 Jul 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
You seem to be normal person who has developed unnecessary anxiety about a non existent heart ailment.
Heart attack is a squeezing feeling behind sternum and associated with sweating,palpitations and pain which sometimes radiates to left hand or neck or between shoulder blades.
Your EKG and ECHO are also normal.
Whatever is happening is more in your mind and your misplaced anxiety is exacerbating and aggravating it.
Relax,do regular exercises and concentrate in your career.
Have proper sleep in the night.
Best of luck