Getting sharp pain in head. How to get rid of this?

Sep 2012

Sharp pain from back right side of head to the front
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 34 minutes later
Thank you for your query.

Headache is a nonspecific symptom. It may occur due to many disease. But, a unilateral headache of sudden onset indicates a high possibility of migraine headache. Other symptoms of this disease are nausea, vomiting, gastrointestinal disturbances and many more.

You have to do the followings
1.     Take rest.
2.     Take light diet.
3.     Take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agent like paracetamol 500 mg immediately after food.
4.     You have to take prochlorperazine group of drug immediately.
5.     Take a pantoprazole group of drug along with these.

If the above drugs do not give you any relief, then you have to take sedatives like diazepam group of drugs. You have to consult with a neurologist for further clinical examination, ordering investigations like CT scan and for further management.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Follow-up: Getting sharp pain in head. How to get rid of this? 5 minutes later
The pain was sharp and quick and has since gone away. I saw a neurologist about a month ago for something else and he said everything was fine. Can this quick sharp pain be something related to my extreme neck tension?
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 15 minutes later
Thank you for writing back.
In that case, it is may be due to the extreme neck tension.
You have to do some freehand exercise regularly.
You can take the nonsteroidal antiflammatory drug like paracetamol 500 mg. It is enough for this headache.

Hope this information suffices.