Getting sharp pain in eye, headache and numbness in head. What is causing this?

Last night while on my home from picking up Subway I started getting a headache across my forehead along hairline. It also felt like it was numb. Also, my head hurt around my eyebrow area & my left eye was as though someone had put a XXXXXXX colored lens over a camera lens. Later that night after I had laid down for a few hours I sat up & had a very sharp stabbing pain in my left eye ball. I laid back down & it immediately stopped. I then sat back up & it started the same pain again so I laid down for the rest of the night. Do you have any ideas as to why this effected my vision, or any ideas as to what may have caused it?
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 25 minutes later
Thanks for posting this query in XXXXXXX

I have noted your problem, past medical history

The possibilities could be
1. Migraine headaches
2. Cluster headache

Both these possibilities can explain your headache and symptoms in eyes

You need a clinical evaluation by a neurologist who will guide you the need of brain scan (to rule out other causes of headache as these two possibilities are the diagnoses of exclusion).

The distinction between these two conditions are important as the management will differ

Please get evaluated by a local neurologist

Hope this clarifies your query

Please get back to me if you have any concern