Getting severe pain in leg during periods. What is wrong?

I hhave been getting really painful periods, the pain is in my legs and is servere , as the pain passes after a few days of my me saturation my legs start showing up bruises all over them, what is wrong? I'm sick of the leg pain during my periods. I am also getting leg pain and groin pain other times of the month. I have had a scan of my ovaries but there is oohing wrong there.
Posted Sun, 11 Nov 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Periods in women can bring various symptoms like fatigue,irritability,headache,aches and pains in lower back,thighs and legs in them.
Leg pain is very common ailment during premenstrual period,menstruation and post menstrual period.There are various causes for that like
Mineral deficiencies
Vitamin deficiencies
Some times uterus and legs share a nerve pathway,in which case a pain from uterine contraction can trigger pain in legs.

Since you are taking eltroxin and VIT D deficient,it indicates that you are having calcium deficiency also.
Iron deficiency and VIT C deficiency can lead to easy bruising of your legs along with other reasons like bleeding disorders.

Consult your doctor and get tested for all of the above mentioned possibilities
I feel you are  deficient in vitamins and mineral deficiencies and a proper intake of these should make you alright.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck