Getting severe headache, pain in shoulders, neck and forearm. Are they related?

Off late i've realised that most of the times i have pain in my shoulders, neck & forearms. if i strech my body i get temporary relief.

sometimes when there is change in sleeping pattern, sudden change of temprature & continuous exposure to bright light, i get severe headache.

I dont knw what correlation is there in occasional headache & a very frequent shoulder & neck pain.

Kindly guide me.

Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 29 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

I understand your concern

I have noted your medical problem

Let me assure you that problems are not serious such that you should be much worried about it.

Based upon the information that you have posted, the possibilities in your case could be 1. Migraine headache 2.Cervical spondylosis. Please note that migraine is a diagnosis of exclusion. I mean other causes of headache need exclusion before this diagnosis is entertained.

This requires evaluation and clinical examination by a neurologist. The clinical examination is important because this will guide us regarding the need of either a brain and/or cervical spine scan. This will clinch the diagnosis.

You will benefit with a regular diet and life style measures, rest, relaxation and avoidance of stress for the improvement of these types of pain. Medications that will help are gabapentine, pregabaline, amitriptiline etc

I hope that I have clarified your query
Please let me know in case if you have any other query in this issue
Best wishes