Getting sensation of something stuck in throat. Why am I getting this feeling?

I was eating ham and a small piece went down and feels like there is something on left side of my throat. I can swallow and drink, not coughing or choking, but have this sensation that soemthing is stuck on left side of my throat.
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 27 minutes later
The sensation, that something is stuck is due to stimulation of pharyngeal nerves.There is a part of posterior pharynx (food pipe) called as pyriform fossa, usually the food gets stuck here

Usually if there is something stuck, there will be a severe cough, and not just the feeling of stuck on.
There is nothing to worry, drink lots of water.
If it doesnot gets relieved within a day, XXXXXXX an ENT specialist to check whether there is any damage to mucosa of pyriform fossa, which is giving this sensation.

Let me know , if you have any other doubts.
Wishing you good health
Thank you.