Getting sensation of numbness on hand. What is wrong?

Jun 2015

I'm at 35 year old male my left hand is going numb and my b/p is 146/94 pulse is 64
Posted Fri, 10 May 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 56 minutes later

The sensation of numbness in hand is mainly due to nerve compression, which can be attributed to:
1. Carpel tunnel syndrome.
2. Inflammation.
3. Incorrect sitting or sleeping posture.
4. Systemic diseases like Diabetes, Hypertension.
5. Deficiency of nutrients like Vitamin B12, Folic acid, Calcium, which help in proper nerve conduction.

You have mentioned in your post that your BP is 146/94.
This falls in the Hypertension range (BP more than 139/89 is considered Hypertension)
So, the numbness can be attributed towards Hypertensive neuropathy.
Under such circumstances, a proper control & regular check on the blood pressure should be maintained.

So, it will be better to consult your General Physician & get a proper physical examination done.
Based upon that, appropriate management steps could be taken.
Investigations like Nerve conduction studies and estimation of BP & blood sugar levels will be helpful in clinching the diagnosis.

Wishing you a Good Health.
Let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.