Getting renal colic before and after period. Can I develop this after pregnancy?

I have been getting renal colic 4 day before and during my period, since having my first child, urologist says it is just clacification but wandering of oit could be endometriosis, I was tested for this when I was 18 but it came back negative can it develop after pregenancy?
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
If the pain in the renal region is specifically related to your periods then endometriosis is likely. The ectopic endometrial tissue is less likely to be related to the kidneys since these are retroperitoneal structures. It is more likely to be be intraperitoneal.
Endometriosis can develop at any age- even after pregnancy. A diagnostic laproscopy will help in proper diagnosis.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.