Getting redness on face. How to get rid of this?

How to stop my face turning red. I try everything. I try not to thinking bout it and my face turn so red. I take a big beath and I try to get a cold water bottle put it my face so the red will go away. I hardly go out cuz my face turn red. I quite my job cuz people was calling me names. I dont know what to do. There any medical or a cream that I can order online. So my face can stop turning red. Please help me.
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Hi. Thank you for writing to us. I understand your frustration, and shall try my best to help you find a solution.

Flushing is the process of becoming red in the face. Before we get down to the treatment, we need to find the cause. Let me list the most common causes of flushing, so that you could narrow down your search. They are:
-Obesity: Poor circulation and increased blood pressure as a result of obesity (as you have not mentioned your weight, if you are over-weight you could try losing some weight)
-Hormonal: Different hormones can cause flushing (consult your doctor to get your hormone levels checked and control them if high)
-Diet: High salt intake causes an increase in blood pressure (monitor and reduce your salt intake)
-Drugs: Hormonal supplements (although you have not mentioned any medication in your history, please consult your doctor to find other solutions if you are on any supplements)
-Exercise: Increased heart rate during exercise causes increased blood pressure and can result in flushes (consult your doctor to help find a more mild form of exercise and rule out other medical conditions that could cause this)
-Alcohol: Increased alcohol intake can cause dilation of blood vessels (reduce or avoid alcohol)
-Allergic reaction: To anything you apply on your face (creams, cosmetics, detergent, soaps, etc.) - (change all your accessories)
-Blood pressure: Increased blood pressure results in flushes (check blood pressure)
-Atherosclerosis: Deposition of cholesterol in arteries and veins, blocking it and in turn increasing blood pressure, that could result in a flush (check lipid profile)

You could try a few of these measures:
-Use make-up (cosmetics) or a fake XXXXXXX to make your skin look darker
-Cool your skin: By using a mobile air fan, or even a container filled with ice
-Try not to get stressed, keep calm and practice relaxation techniques (reduces heart rate)
-Healthy lifestyle (diet, relaxation, enough sleep, etc.)

I have listed all the immediate management solutions in brackets next to the causes. Please follow them. Flushing is only a symptoms, and not the cause. It is best to treat the cause, and the symptom shall vanish. Please feel free to write back to me anytime for further clarifications. I am here to help.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Getting redness on face. How to get rid of this? 5 hours later
So there no medical or a cream to stop my face turning red. Im not over weight or I dont drink alcohol. My face get so red when people talk to me or look at me. I cant eat with my family on the table cuz my face get so red. Please help to find a cream or medical. I can have a normal life.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 13 minutes later
Hi. Thank you for your follow-up question.

I understand the flushing is really frustrating, but you need to understand that until we find the cause we cannot get rid of this. There are no creams available to reduce flushing.

Flushing is only a symptom, my friend. Once we find the cause we can surely treat your problem, and you shall never have to suffer again. Please understand, and visit a doctor, who after investigations, will surely find the solution. Finding the problem will not take more than a day. I am here to help you, and will only advise the best for you.

Please write back to me for any further clarifications. I will surely try my best to help. I wish you only the best in health and a quick relief from your problem. Be confident, I am sure you will look normal and lead a normal life very soon.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: Getting redness on face. How to get rid of this? 24 minutes later
I wasnt this be fore start my face turning red in 2010. I will go a doctor to see what he will tell me...thank you
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 6 minutes later

A new onset is highly likely as most of the above causes could result in the same. I am sure your doctor will be able to help you.

You can always write back to us for any further clarifications. Explanation of reports and treatment options from thereon. I wish you lots of luck and quick relief from your symptoms.

Best wishes.