Getting red, scaly patches in inner thighs and biceps when exercising or getting hot. What could it be?

I get red, scaly patches when I exercise or get hot. They are itchy and plaque like. They do not go away for weeks. I get them in my inner thighs, near my biceps, and on my front and back torso. Many of them are circular, but the plaques are no definite shape. This has been going on for three years and I am very embarrassed. What could it be?
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 13 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

This may be Urticarial Vasculitis. But the condition is not very common. (Please be informed that this is not a serious medical condition)

The best way forward is to get yourself examined by a qualified dermatologist when you have an active episode. The dermatologist may request a biopsy to confirm the diagnosis.

You may consider attaching a pic of the plaques using the "upload your reports" feature on query page. I will get a better insight of your problem then.

Awaiting your response