Getting red itchy rashes on face daily for few minutes. Looking for proper cure

Dec 2012

Most of the mornings I get red rash on face and goes away after 30 mins or so, it looks like nothing happend after it goes away, Its little itchy also. Some time I can see it as soon as i wake up or after shower. Please help
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 5 hours later

Thank you for posting on XXXXXXX

The skin lesion is a plaque of erythematous macula with irregular contours and concentrated on left jaw. This looks like an allergic skin reaction probably urticaria and per its morning occurence I will suspect the cause to be contact with an irritative dress or substance at night. Identifying the allergen (causative agent) is paramount to prevent future occurrences. Do you apply skin lotion before going to bed?
Another very unlikely possibility is ecchymosis (subcutaneous blood clot due to blockage of blood capillaries) or autoimmune disorder.
You can prevent this by changing your present bed spray, avoiding to sleep with body lotion ( just wash face clean with soap before going to bed).

If need arises you will need to consult with a dermatologist.

Hope this helps
Dr Nsah
Follow-up: Getting red itchy rashes on face daily for few minutes. Looking for proper cure 21 hours later
Thanks Dr XXXXXXX Is the rash that comes and goes in 30 mins to 1hour a symptom for any other disease . I didn’t get the rash last weekend and this Saturday. Please help
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 11 hours later
Thank you and you are welcome XXXXXXX

The rash as I saw it will hardly be as a result of any underlying diseases condition and it looks more like an allergic skin reaction (which only occurs locally). On your part, you need to identify the allergen (object or substance that causes it).
In very rare situations we have some autoimmune diseases that could be responsible for such a rash such as sarcoidosis, viral infection (exanthem), etc.
For proper evaluation you will need to see a dermatologist.

Hope this helps
Dr Nsah
Follow-up: Getting red itchy rashes on face daily for few minutes. Looking for proper cure 5 hours later
Thanks for clear explanation Dr XXXXXXX I went to dermatologist last week but the rash went off by the time I saw him.

Thanks for taking time, one last question is it any symptom for HIV, I never had unprotected sex in my life. Im scared reading online.

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later

Be rest assured it is not a symptom of HIV and if you never had unprotected sex in your life the chances of you getting HIV are boiled down to less than 0.1%.

Have a good health
Dr Nsah
Follow-up: Getting red itchy rashes on face daily for few minutes. Looking for proper cure 11 days later
Hi Dr. Nsah,

The rash which I described in previous question are not coming these days, but last week I had joint pains and muscle pains with pain in arm pit with body sourness. Now I don’t have much of joint and muscle pains. But I have little pain in armpit and I feel neck is little tight, slight pain around neck and back of neck. I’m worried about having HIV. Last time I had sex was on XXXXXXX 1st and got tested HIV negative on Feb 9th 40th day after having sex with condom. I have given her oral sex. I’m really worried please help me. I have consulted doctor but he couldn’t find any problem all the blood results are good. No inflammation, no arthritis.

Do you think I’m exposed to HIV as my symptoms are related? The girl I had sex is a nurse and I love her. She lives in UK and Im planning to XXXXXXX her next month for vacation. Can you advise me if I have to postpone the trip and wait for the HIV test again after 3 months? Or is it just me over thinking. I have chronic throat problem with acid reflex from many years and my eyes also hurt as I work most of the time with computer. I didn’t have sex for six months before XXXXXXX 1st. Please help and let me know what you think.

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 4 hours later

You need not worried as those symptoms are definitely not related to HIV. I think your problem is probably anxiety and you should take some time and calm down.
But do try to get your girlfriend's HIV status before you proceed with unprotected sex. As always consider any other person HIV positive until proven order wise.
Anyways since you had unprotected sex, it is advisable to redo HIV testing after 3 months from time of unprotected sex to be sure that you are actually free.
The good thing is you tested HIV negative already, this means you can redo in 3 months and confirm ones as for all.
Be rest assured that your symptoms surely have nothing to do with HIV.
You may be having neuralgic pains ( nerve pains) which might be as a result of your anxiety or unknown cause.

Hope this helps.

Dr Nsah