Getting red blemish on labia minora during period. Temporary relief from viaderm and antibiotic. Hormone related?

Jul 2016

I have a small red blemish on the inside of my labia minora. I have been with the ssame man for over 30 years and this has been returning everyother month and then either erupts and goes away or goes back into hiding. I have also been having issues with boils and such around the groin area from time to time. I was tested for VD and all negative. This has been going on for about 5-10 years. Never get to have it checked because it is gone by the time I see the doctor. It is scary, embarrassing now that I am in the dating game, painful and I want it gone for good. I have used viaderm. I have been on antifungals, antibiotics and no matter it always seems to return at some point. I have noticed that the boild were coming through aroung my period. That leads me to believe that the boils are likely hormone related. Any idea what this is?
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later

Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you are known Diabetic and gets repeated episodes of getting boils over your private parts since last 10 years.

Diabetes is one of the main predisposing factors to get repeated Staphylococcal infections of the skin and hair follicle.

Do check your Blood Sugar Levels at frequent intervals to see whether your diabetes is under control or not.

If not make it a routine to check it frequently and adjust the dosage of anti-diabetic medications that you are taking and to ensure that it is controlled very well.

During pre-menstrual period all the genital organs are congested and have XXXXXXX blood supply, which is reason for the boil to get during your periods

Please get following investigations done:
1) Haemogram
2) Routine Urine test
3) Blood sugar on empty stomach 2 hours after lunch to see status of Diabetes.

Take antibiotics like Augmentin along with anti inflammatory medicine like Diclofenac twice daily for a week.

Get prescription of the drugs from your family Physician.

Observe proper personal hygiene to keep your private pars clean and dry.

Hope, I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards.
Follow-up: Getting red blemish on labia minora during period. Temporary relief from viaderm and antibiotic. Hormone related? 1 hour later
Thank you for your reply. My sugars are very well maintained between 4 and 6 on average and they never go higher than 9 which only happens if I am eating out with large meal, alcohol consuption and desert. This is rare. I exercise 4-6 days a week at a minimum of 1 hour each time.
I was with 2 different soaps on intervals. one is hibitane and the other is dove. I shower regularly and minimum once a day and usually take a quick shower to wash my privates and other areas known to sweat before bed. My ac-1 has been Ideal for over a year now. I am tested routinely.
Please explain the haemogram. Are there any alternative type medicine I can use to maintain or treat this? Is this in any way contageous?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for feedback.

This is common to get these infections of the hair follicles (Boil) in diabetic individuals in spite of diabetes being well controlled.

This is not contagious and there is no medication except taking antibiotics.

Thanks and Regards.
Follow-up: Getting red blemish on labia minora during period. Temporary relief from viaderm and antibiotic. Hormone related? 20 minutes later
The boil is not what is worrying me it is the blemish inside the labia minora. There is no hair there.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 minutes later
Apply Topical Anti Fungal Gel Miconazole twice daily. It should be cured in 3-4 days.
Thanks and Regards,