Getting red and dry rashes on skin. How to remove this?

I am getting rash on my skin at some places.
I become red after some time then it become dry .
Can u please tell me why it is happening?
Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 24 hours later
This red itchy rash could be urticaria, eczema, fungal infection,any irritant or allergic reaction.
I would like to know
If these rashes are transient ie they appear and then disappear on their own
Sites involved
Rashes are small bumps, hives like or ring shaped

Uploading the pics of concerned area would be of immense help as in dermatology skin examination is very important.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Follow-up: Getting red and dry rashes on skin. How to remove this? 11 minutes later
Yes they are circular in shape around 1-2 cm in diameter. Little itching is involve at start then it become dry.
slightly elevated and it does not go by its own but its not increasing at one place but occurring at different places. Mostly near neck and back side.
I have started using candid cream clotrimazole from yesterday as suggested by Dr XXXXXXX while chatting online on Health Care Magic.
Where should I upload pics?

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Thanks for writing back.

You can upload the image by clicking on the upload an image or report icon or if having difficulty, you can send it to YYYY@YYYY and mention attn dr kalpana pathak in subject line.

From the description now I can think of few possibilities like tinea or fungal infection, pityriasis versicolor, pityriasis rosea psoriasis and seborrheic dermatitis.

Tinea- characterised by itchy red scaly rashes which with time show central clearance and assume a ring shape
P. versicolor - these are tiny hypopigmented rashes covered with fine scales usually on upper chest and back.
Seborrheic dermatitis- red scaly itchy rashes associated with dandruff scalp may also involve face( eyelids, eyebrows, nasolabial folds, behind ears).

In all the above mentioned conditions clotrimazole would work as in all these cases fungal etiology is present.

P. rosea it usually begins as a big red scaly rash over body and later on after few days multiple red scaly rash appear over body. Over the back these rashes are along the ribs obliquely.
Psoriasis thick elevated red lesions covered by silvery scales. Scalp involvement is there. Lesions commonly on elbows, knees, lower back,shins etc
In the above two, application of steroid creams help.
I would like to know
If there is involvement of scalp
If there is history of sore throat
If there was a big lesion initially that was followed by multiple lesions
If the lesions are small like rain drops and scaly
If you can define the scale ie greasy to touch, very fine cottony, thick and adherent etc.

I know it is difficult answering so many questions but that is required to help you in best possible way. Kindly upload the images of concerned area too

Follow-up: Getting red and dry rashes on skin. How to remove this? 19 hours later
Photos are uploaded. Please see
No history of soar throat. Small Small lesion around 19-20 now all over body
5-6 on neck, 4-5 on back, 2-3 on stomach, 2-3 on legs.
Not like rain drops they are around 1-2 cm in diameter.
Now started coming on my face too near eyebrows and nasolabial folds and one on forehead very small.
Doctor I have uploaded the Images.
Waiting for your reply

Follow-up: Getting red and dry rashes on skin. How to remove this? 1 minute later
Doctor I have uploaded the Images.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 9 hours later
Unfortunately the pis are too small to see the lesions clearly. I would really appreciate if you could upload better resolution images.
I would also like to know if you suffer from dandruff on scalp.
Till then continue with clotrimazole cream.