Getting red acne spots all over body. Could it be a sign of HIV?

I have recently started getting a few acne spots on my body. Firstly there were two on my legs and then one on my arm and now two on my breasts. The spots are red with a white thing in the middle. I'm scared because I have read online and many people say it could be a sign of HIV as a fungal infection. However I have only had two sexual partners and always used protection during sex apart from oral sex, so could I still have it? I have also got tested a few weeks ago and all the tests came back negative, however I have also hears that it might take unto 3 months post sexual contact for HIV to show up in the tests, and that is why i'm worried.
Posted Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later

Thanks for posting your query and the image. I have taken an in depth view of it.

In my opinion, it most probably seems like a skin eruption in any common viral illness. Do you also have fever along with these acne spots? Are these spots filled with watery , clear fluid inside, apart from the white thing in the middle?

To me it seems like an exanthematous rash. If there a clear fluid within, it may be chicken pox which is self resolving. You may consider taking Tablet. Zyrtec 10mg in the night for a few days. It is available over the counter. Apply calamine lotion locally for them to heal earlier.

Coming to your query:

1. Do not be scared, as HIV usually does not present this way and it does not seem like a fungal infection.

2. I am glad that you use protection during sexual intercourse. Please continue the same. With your exposure, I do not think you could still have it.

3. You could repeat the test for HIV after 3 months again to confirm on the result.

I am sure you are safe and healthy. You should get well soon.

Hope this helps you to allay your fears. Let me know if you have further concerns.