Ask a Urologist   »  

Getting recurrent rash on penis head and foreskin. Temporary relief from hydrozole. Permanent cure?

Jun 2013
Hi I am an uncircumcised 40 year old male and I keep getting this recurrent rash on my penis. It looks similar to balanitis and it seems to appear a day or two after sex or masturbation.
I basically get these little bumps on the head and the foreskin.
Funny thing about it is that it kind of goes away when I apply liberal amounts of Hydrozole on the head and shaft.
Any ideas?
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 15 minutes later
Hi there,

Thank you for your question.

Hydrozole is usually used for nappy rash or fungal infection. However, it is most likely the case that you are having herpes. Please get yourself tested for it. If your titres are positives for HSV, then you have a diagnosis, and you might want to use a different medication to cure your problem quickly. However, you may want to visit with a dermatologist to find a solution to your problem, if it is affecting your functioning on a regular basis. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day !
Follow-up: Getting recurrent rash on penis head and foreskin. Temporary relief from hydrozole. Permanent cure? 23 minutes later
If i have herpes would it not be painful when urinating?
I do not have pain ever, it does get itchy and sometimes a little smelly.

I was also under the impression that you cannot put anything on herpes to make it go away?
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 28 minutes later
Hi there,

It is usually not painful if you have chronic herpes. But if you are itching when your are urinating or otherwise and have bad or foul odor in the area it most likely is a fungal infection and you might do well with keeping the area clean and washing your genitalia more than two to three times every day. It might also help to shower twice every day. If you are married, or are sexually active make sure your partner is also clean in terms of HSV as well as fungal infections.

Yes, you are right when you say that you cannot make herpes go away with applying medications, but, it can surely reduce the the symptoms. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!