Getting reappearing blisters on hand, mouth and foot. Not having fever. What is the cure?

my daughter had hand foot and mouth three weeks ago. now she is getting blisters appear on her feet everyday about 15-20 only to go away down ti about four. then that afternoon there will be heaps of blisters again. no fever.
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 5 hours later

I have read your query with diligence and I would be pleased to answer your questions.

If she doesn't have fever at the moment, it would be important to check for other causes of blisters in the foot area like pompholyx or eczemas. However, Hand Foot Mouth disease still could be the cause of the recent blisters. But no anti-viral drugs can be started now as three weeks have already passed.

My suggestion to you would be to provide symptomatic relief to the child. Application of a mild steroid like cortisone and neosporin cream on the blister area can be helpful. Keep the affected areas clean and dry.

If the blisters do not improve with the above measures, I encourage you to consult your dermatologist. Careful examination of the lesions is mandatory.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need any other information.