Getting rashes, sneezing problem and swollen palate if teczine is not taken. Any suggestion?

Good

ENT Specialist
Question
I have to daily take teczine else I develop allergy rashes, I start sneezing, palate swells. trigger - dust, changing weather, stored clothed when smelled, citrus fruits occasionally
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 44 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. You seem to have a non-specific allergy to change in weather. In addition there is a specific inorganic allergy to dust, smell of stored clothes and a waeker specific organic allergy to citrus fruits.

2. There is no cure for allergy, however it may be controlled. The first meaure is avoiding the triggers, which is possible with foodstuff & smell (possibly molds)

3. The problem with dust and weather change is that avoidance is very difficult. You may use a good quality face mask such as the N95 mask available for protection against swine flu.

4. You need to get routine blood tests to rule out eosinophilia. request your physician to start an anti-histamine and an anti-leukotriene such as Rupanex-M or Montair-FX along with a nasal steroid spray such as Mometasone, Fluticasone or Ciclesonide. Regular steam inhalation will help wash out allergens.A short course of oral steroids may also help. Sodium cromoglycate and desensitization may also help in the long run.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Regards.

Follow-up: Getting rashes, sneezing problem and swollen palate if teczine is not taken. Any suggestion? 6 minutes later
Hi Mr. Bhatti,

Thanks for the quick response, are you suggesting that with the prescription told by you, my daily intake of meds can stop

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 13 minutes later

Thank you for writing back.

1. Take a trial of the above daily medication (under medical supervision) for 15 days and follow up directly on bit.ly/dr-sumit-bhatti

2. Your daily intake of medicines may reduce after a few months of this regimen (tapered as per response).

Regards.