Getting rapid heart rate, weakness, tiredness and feeling fainted. Looking for cure

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have spells where my legs get weak, then rapid heart rate, I feel faint And I am tired many days.
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 43 minutes later
Repeated spells of weakness that are recurrent definitely need attention. The symptoms you have can be there due to multiple reasons but at your age there are three possibilities that are coming to my mind-
1. Anaemia- reduced blood hemoglobin levels. This can be ruled out by getting a complete blood picture done.
2.Cardiac problem- Missing heart beats are one of the common causes of feeling faint or it might happen due to some irregularities in the cardiac impulse. This can be ruled out on having an ECG done.
3.Weakness, any infections in the recent past, lack of proper regular meals, as a side effect of some medicines, depression, thyroid imbalance, etc.
All these factors will have to be ruled out with the help of your physician to come to the actual problem for treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Follow-up: Getting rapid heart rate, weakness, tiredness and feeling fainted. Looking for cure 1 hour later
what about dvt deep vein thrombrosis? or I had a dog bite many years ago, much scar tissue hardened and quite a large discoloration. I did have an ekg not too long ago, nothing, lung x-ray too, nothing?

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 44 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
DVT is associated with pain and swelling in the legs. It is good that X-ray and EKG were normal. A physical examination and a few blood tests will help in pin pointing the diagnosis.
Your symptoms are not likely to be related to a dog bite you had years ago.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.

Follow-up: Getting rapid heart rate, weakness, tiredness and feeling fainted. Looking for cure 22 minutes later
Thank you, I have worked n an asbestos steam roller laundry at a state facility, in 1994,? any situations could attribute to this.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 21 hours later
If you have worked there only for a short while that too 18 years ago, then the symptoms you are having now are not likely to be related.
Regards.