Getting random bruises on legs and blueish cluster on upper thighs. Should I be worried?

For the past month I have been getting random bruises on my legs. At first it was a few little small ones on my calfs, then I had a cluster on my upper right thigh right above my knee and now I have a huge purplish/blueish one on my upper thigh. They usually just show up and I have no idea how they happened. I dont bruise easily, and these bruises are never sore. Even with the big one, I touched it as hard as i could and no pain at all. Tonight, right now, My upper thighs feel really heavy and tight, like they need to be stretched for hours, I noticed it was worse when I was driving for an hour earlier. sometimes my face feels really hot like right now, but I dont have chills like it would be a fever! Should I be worried? I am also on many medications for different things?
Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 54 minutes later
Thanks for the question.

In cases of unexplained bruises without any trauma one needs to investigate the coagulation status of the blood.When blood is unable to clot normally you get bruises without trauma.Usually these kind of bruises occur due to subcutaneous tiny hemorrhages.There can be various causes which can cause such hemorrhages.Even your medications can be cause of this.

I recommend you should see a physician to get clinical examination done.The doctor may initially want to check your platelet count, bleeding and clotting time. Seeing doctor sooner is recommended as you are also at risk of inner bleeds and these can be fatal.Upper thigh symptoms can be due to hematoma causing compression on surrounding structures.

Please ask if you want me to explain anything.Regards.