Getting puss filled red closed comedones on skin. Suggest some effective ointment?

I am getting closed comedones on my skin regulary. These are usually red or white. Rarely they have pus which comes out. Most often, They are having whiteheads. I am following healthy skin regimens like washing my face twice with a face wash and applying a face pack twice-thrice a week. But I have not tried any topical ointments till now. Now the problem is somewhat increasing. I would like to try some ointments for the same.
Posted Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 30 minutes later
Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
Acne . pimples, white heads, black heads, open or closed comedones, pus filled pustules are all but in the spectrum of acne or pimples and hence should not be confused with some other problem.
PCOS can give rise to extensive pimples and can be painful at times.
The treatment involves treating PCOS, oral antibiotics, topical antibiotic creams and retinol creams alongwith oral isotretinoin after proper consultation with a treating dermatologist .
Facials and face packs are not the treatment for acne and should be avoided.

Dr.Rohit Batra