Getting purple red spots on arms. Taking 20 mg lipitor for high CRP. What is causing this and cure?

Dermatologist
Question
Purple/red spots on arms that come and go. Largest is about the size of a quarter and smallest about a dime size. I'm 65 male with no major health issues. They normally last 2 to 3 weeks then disapear. They turn brownish beford fading.
I take 20 mg Lipitor for High CRP and 1 mg of Altace for high blood pressure at Drs office only. Have been taking both for about 8 yrs. Stopped taking a daily baby aspirin when told it could cause these spots, but still having them.
Been going on a while but seems to be a little more now.
I feel great and exercise 5 days a week.....walk fast for 30 minutes each morning.
6' 220 Lbs. White, (Occational Eczema, see Dermatologist)
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 4 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX,
Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX Red spots turning into purple and black are bruises which are common in elderly people with loose skin. They occur as a result of small capillary damage due to minor trauma especially over bony surfaces. Aspirin makes the blood thinner and prevents clotting . Even after stopping aspirin the anticoagulant effect lasts for long. The condition is not serious but is just cosmetically disfiguring. Vitamin C and K are helpful in such conditions .
Dr Rohit Batra