Getting pulsating pain in temple and behind eye. Should I consult a doctor?
User rating for this question
Hi.. I have had pulsating pain in my right temple and behind my eye for 3 days now. When I lay still I start to feel way better but the moment I move it is back. The pain is effecting the entire right side of my face and neck but the worst is my temple. It is similar to an ice cream headache in sharpness. Should I go to the er?
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 12 minutes later
Hi there, thanks for asking. It is a very good question. Although it may be a simple migraine, it could also be temporal arthritis. In this kind of headache the person might lose her vision if she delays in going to Emergency room. They test ESR (estimated sedimentation rate) and it can show if it might be temporal arthritis. Otherwise, it is very similar to migraine. Migraine headaches are sometimes hard to control when they start. Some drugs from the class of ergo are strong enough to abort them though. When it is proven that it is migraine, they may give you a medication to prevent the attacks. I wish you a good health.
Follow-up: Getting pulsating pain in temple and behind eye. Should I consult a doctor? 7 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 5 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. Pituitary adenomas can cause headaches in general. The kind of headaches you have should be investigated more as it was mentioned. Best wishes with your lab result.
People also viewed
- Tingling in the penis after meth
- What causes the body to turn black after death
- Metallic taste after quit smoking
- Neck pain after mastoditis
- What causes a chronic cough with slimy saliva
- Water moccasin feces
- What are hard lumps on my back with smelly hard pus
- I have numb skin after taking meth
- What causes an itchy urethra
- No period even after taking tab meprate
- Hypocalcemia temple and eye pain
- Eye twitching temple pain
- Wandering eye and pain behind eye and temple
- Pain in the eyes pulsing to temple
- Pain in temple eye twiching