Getting pressure in head and metallic taste in mouth. CT scan normal. What's going on?

I have had a a headache every day all day for at least 1 month. It felt like sinus infection so had a cat scan and that was clear.I have alot of pressure the top of my head and through my forehead with the pain. Also I have had a metallic taste in my mouth. Whats going on.
Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 1 hour later
Hello mam,
Thanks for posting your query in XXXXXXX

Let me tell you that the causes of headache are many and it depends upon the age, sex etc. Common causes of headache are migraine, tension headache, flu. Other causes of headache could be due to brain infection, tumor, problems in blood vessels of the brain and in old age temporal arthritis. Further the presence/absence of certain symptoms like vomiting, loss of consciousness, weakness of one side etc will help us further narrow down the possibility.

With the limited information the following possibilities are to be considered
1. Tension headache (how ever secondary causes need exclusion)
2. Temporal arteritis
Most of patients who present with complaints of taste dysfunction exhibit olfactory loss, not taste loss

I will advise you to be evaluated by a local neurologist. His clinical interview and examination in relation to headache and altered taste will help us. Erythrocyte sedimentation rate should be checked to rule out temporal arteritis. Your physician will guide you through examination and investigation. Your management will depend upon the diagnosis.

Hope this clarifies