Getting premature ejaculation after using finasteride for hair loss. Should I be concerned?

Sir i was using finasteride 1mg from last seven months to control hair loss, recovered reasonable hair and stopped further hair fall, But i'm facing sex related problems no desire towards sex, i cannot erect penis properly most of the time even premature ejaculation, please help me regarding this issue
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Reversible usually--- Detailed Answer: Welcome to the forum, Finasteride acts by preventing conversion of testosterone to its active form - dihydro-testosterone. So, due to lack of active form of the hormone, you are experiencing the side effects. If you are sexually active right now, you have to consider stopping finasteride to avoid the sexual side effects. Do not worry about the sexual side effect as it is usually reversible. Hope this helps Best regards
Follow-up: Getting premature ejaculation after using finasteride for hair loss. Should I be concerned? 11 hours later
Good Morning Sir, I was getting slight pain my left testicle also, if i stop using medicine i may experience hair loss again is there any chance to use Finasteride with out affecting sexual wellness, otherwise can i stop this medicine for a while and continue after a month at least.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Stop and watch for improvement-------------------- Detailed Answer: Welcome back Mr XXXXXXX If the testis is very painful or swollen, you need to consult early, otherwise you may wait and use tight undergarments all the time, that may relieve the pain. Studies on finasteride give variable results - many of them quote loss of hair once the medication is stopped. So many patients have continued the same for years who do not experience or do not bother about the side effects. In your case, since you are sexually active, it is worth the trial to stop and see if you feel better, though hair loss may occur. To my knowledge, there is no other way to avoid the side effects while taking finasteride, except stopping it. Hope i have helped you. Best regards,